Helping you work ON your business rather than IN it
“ My mission and purpose is to utilize my expertise, knowledge and education to help owners, CEOs and Presidents of small to midsize privately held companies develop solutions to the challenges and barriers that they may encounter so they can have a successful and prosperous business. “
I have been told that I ask great questions – that is the beginning of how I can help.
What difference would it make to you, your business and your family if you could:
- Get a loan to buy more equipment, inventory or a new building?
- Have a well funded retirement plan?
- Look at your financial statements and not worry about payroll or A/P?
- Increase your personal net worth?
- Not worry about the business (okay, not as much) when you’re not there?
- Protect your family by having life insurance, funded Buy-Sell agreements and Key Person insurance in place?
- Your company is worth more when you want to sell it?
After spending more than 7 years as a partner in a national management advisory services firm, I decided it was time to start my own practice. Based in Charlotte, NC, I started AETucker Consulting in 2019 to continuing serving owners of privately/closely held companies.
With more than 30 years experience in finance, accounting and management in manufacturing, real estate, distribution/wholesale, government and not-for-profit businesses, I can bring a broad perspective to your business. A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed in North Carolina (but I don’t do taxes, audits, etc.) and a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA), I am a versatile and experienced manager with excellent communication, organizational & interpersonal skills. I work hard to understand the critical aspects of a business including Sales, Marketing, IT and Human Resources. I strive to provide quality service and advice to management.
I firmly believe that Cash Flow management is critical – you can run a business without a profit but cannot operate for long without cash!
A summary of my qualifications includes:
- Finance & Accounting expertise including preparation & analysis of financial statements, budgeting and forecasting, credit, collections & receivables management and banking, customer and vendor relations
- IT skills with both hardware and software including Microsoft Office, accounting (QuickBooks Pro, Great Plains/Microsoft Dynamics, Sage) & security
- Operational expertise dealing with strategic planning, managing multiple locations, workflows, policies & procedures
- Management & leadership abilities with experience from hiring to firing including benefits administration
Core competencies and expertise includes:
- Profit & Loss Responsibility
- Budgeting, Forecasting & Cash Flow Optimization
- Inventory & Inventory Control
- Cost Reduction & Avoidance
- Productivity & Efficiency Improvement
- Team Building & Training
- Policy / Procedure Development
- Financial & Contract Negotiations
- Relationship Management
- Risk Management
- Assisted clients in setting up and starting their businesses
- Discovered a payroll embezzlement scheme that resulted in prosecution and repayment of a portion of the money
- Identified more than $100K in revenue posted in error and unrecorded assets that would have meant a larger tax liability to the company if not discovered
- Suggested name for new Children’s Museum that was focus group tested and adopted
My desire is to utilize my skills, experience and work ethic to benefit clients. I have a service oriented & consultative approach which coupled with a positive attitude would contribute toward the success and future growth of your company.
I hold a B.S. in Business from Pfeiffer University and an M.B.A. from Queens University, both in Charlotte, NC. In addition, I have a Certificate in Non-Profit Management from Duke University and am a graduate of the Leadership program sponsored by the York County, S.C. Chamber of Commerce. I am a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and am a mentor in a program that works with start-ups and early stage founders. I have previously served as treasurer of both the Lancaster County (S.C.) Library Board and Homelite Employee’s Credit Union and on the Finance Committee at my church in addition to other volunteer positions.