Maintenance Technician 2
Maintenance Technician 2
This is an intermediate level position in which the employee will perform general maintenance service and repairs to rental properties and general public customers. Requires knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in the maintenance field.
Benefits of working with Henderson Properties!
- You receive 80 hours of PTO in your first year of employment and then it increases to 120 hours of PTO after your one year anniversary.
- We match up to 3% if you enroll in our Retirement Plan.
- We observe 8 Paid Holidays throughout the year.
- Insurance options to Full Time Employees after 90 days of employment.
- Flexible Working Schedules and option to work from home on Fridays.
- Discounts on real estate sales and maintenance work.
- Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills to support business development. Able to take responsibility for actions and outcomes and persist despite obstacles. Demonstrate dependability in difficult circumstances and show a sense of urgency about getting results.
- Produces work that is accurate and reliable in an efficient and timely manner. Able to be alert and concentrate on routine work details as well as organize and maintain a system of records.
- Impresses customers with exceptional service and continually searches for ways to improve processes. Understands and anticipates customer needs, wants and issues.
- Ability to analyze problems or procedures, evaluate alternatives and select the best course of action while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues. Uses logic to solve difficult problems, even when dealing with emotional topics, and looks beyond the obvious.
- Brings about great results from ordinary circumstances and prepares for problems and opportunities in advance while also anticipating emerging customer needs. Demonstrate dependability in difficult circumstances and show a sense of urgency about getting results.
- Clearly expresses ideas and thoughts, both written and verbally, as well as exhibits good listening and comprehension. Keeps other adequately informed about issues affecting the business.
- Proactively tries to build effective working relationships with other people and foster an ethical work environment. Works effectively with others and responds positively to situations that require cooperation, courtesy and tact. Values divers work styles, approaches and thoughts. Treats others with dignity and respect.
The individual will be responsible for a range of duties from knowledge of detailed maintenance processes to escalation resolution. Specific duties may include:
- Survey buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards.
- Perform maintenance of electrical systems (replace light bulbs and sockets, clean and repair circuit breaker panels etc.)
- General maintenance and repair of basic plumbing and heating components
- Prepare, prime, and paint building interior and exterior surface
- Maintain and repair locks, locking mechanisms, closers, doors, and controllers
- Perform manual repairs when necessary (fix locks, replace windows etc.)
- Undertake activities of pest control such as spraying insecticide
- Conduct general upkeep procedures (e.g. landscaping) and other tasks as assigned (painting, carpentry etc.)
- Comply with all policies for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials
- Participate in ongoing technical, safety, and operational process training programs
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Document work performance and materials procurement as directed
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor
Has substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks. Knows a wide range of standard and non-standard procedures and methods and understands how to apply them in a wide range of situations.
Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
Attention to Detail
Decision Making and Problem Solving
Tolerance of Ambiguity
Works under periodic supervision and exercises judgment in resolving maintenance issues in a timely and effective manner. In general, is able to resolve escalated issues with own resources with occasional assistance by management on higher-level issues. Discusses situations with other team members to enhance understanding and consistent policy/procedure application as appropriate. Inappropriate decisions or mistakes can result in significant inconveniences such as additional costs, lost revenue or serious delays in scheduling, delivery or service. Normally follows established procedures on routine work, requires instructions only on new assignments.
2-4 years’ experience in maintenance field or rental property industry experience preferred. Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and other systems. Strong understanding of general maintenance processes and methods. Experienced in operating a variety of equipment, including snow blowers, lawn mowers, and small hand tools. Strong knowledge of tools, common appliances, and devices. Physically capable of lifting 50 pounds.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : General